Department of Civil Engineering is established in the year 2010 and offers four year undergraduate course leading to Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering affiliated to Visveswaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
Department of Civil Engineering also offers Masters in Structural Engineering program since 2013. Research centre has been established in the year 2016-17 with more than 10 research scholars.
The Department aims at producing eminent Civil Engineers for the Nation and also across the Globe. The Department has eminent faculty with wide range of experience in consultancy, research, teaching, training and field experience which will help the students to gain practical knowledge which is very essential for their future endeavours.
About Civil Engineering
Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering.Civil engineering is the application of physical and scientific principles, and its history is intricately linked to advances in understanding of physics and mathematics throughout history. It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, coastal engineering, surveying, and construction engineering. Civil engineering takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
Civil engineering is the broadest of the engineering fields. Civil engineering focuses on the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers, etc. Among the important subdivisions of the field are construction engineering, irrigation engineering, transportation engineering, soils and foundation engineering, geodetic engineering, hydraulic engineering, and coastal and ocean engineering.
Major Thrust in the course
- Earthquake Resistant Design
- Geo-polymer Concrete
- Soil Structure Interaction
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Green building Design- Leed Ratings
- Mix Design
- Fiber Reinforced and Ferrocemet concrete
- Foundation in Clayey Soil
- Self-Compacting Concrete
- Traffic design, Usage of plastic in Roads
- Infrastructural Development
- Design of New Towns using planning concepts and reducing environmental degradation (air water & soil pollution, Ground water Contamination)
- Civil Engineering Graduates can choose the sub discipline in which they are interested
- Students are trained on design and drafting software’s and also project management software’s so that they are able to meet the industrial demands
- Options are also available to diversify into the software industry
- Civil Engineering Graduates can also be self-employable by taking up various projects design and execution of buildings, valuation works, land surveying and contractual works.
Scope for Employment
- Industrial Structures
- Multi-Storied Building
- Tall Structures
- Thermal Power Plants
- Railway Track
- Large Span Structures
- Treatment Plants (Water and Sewage)
- Bangalore Water Supply and Sewage control Board (BWSSB)
- Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority (BMRDA)
- Bangalore MahanagaraPalike (BBMP)
- Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)
- Karnataka Pollution Control Board (KPCB)
- Various State Electricity Boards
- People works Division (PWD)
- Irrigation Department
- Polytechnic College Lectures
- Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB)
- Survey Of India
- Karnataka State Remote Sensing Authority (KSRSA)
- Karnataka State Mining Department
- Geology and Mines Department
- Town Planning and Management
- National thermal Power Corporation-(NTPC)
- National Hydro Electric Power Corporation-(NHPC)
- Nuclear Power Corporation-(NPC)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- JTO-(BSNL)
- Indian Army, Navy, and Air force.
- Certified Energy Auditors & Energy Managers & Many more………..
- L & T
- Shoba Developers
- A.N. Prakash
- Nitesh Estates
- Mantri Developers
- Prestige Group
- Site Jobs & Many more…..
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Technology
- Highway Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Computer aided Design
- Water resource and Land Management
- Rock Engineering and Underground Structure
- Industrial Structures
- Geo Informatics
ARCVIL To foster the talents of Young Civil engineering students, we the students of civil engineering of KSSE initiated to open their very own technical forum called ARCVIL. The name ARCVIL is aiming at technical gathering, innovation, hard work and lots of fun!
Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.