Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) has been at the forefront of computing since September, 2010. The CSE Department is recognized by AICTE and affiliated to VTU with the current intake of 120. The CSE Department has highly qualified faculties and has excellent state of the art infrastructure in both hardware and software resources.The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is committed to develop the IT leaders of tomorrow.The Department is dedicated to education, research and overall excellence. The CSE Department continues to recruit faculty members with rich experience in academia, industry and research, and support superior research facilities. Faculty use state-of-art teaching aids to ensure better delivery of the content and facilitate greater student interaction.The staff of CSE department takes personal care of the students in counseling them about their progress in the subjects. Parents are made aware of their wards about their attendance, studies, behavior and attitude towards learning.Industry Visits and guest lectures have also been organized that have become the platform to gain the knowledge.
To be one of the premier Computer Science and Engineering department by producing quality Engineers, possessing excellent technical knowledge, skills, and personality through Education and Research.
Computer Science and Engineering Department shall,
- Provide state-of-the-art teaching, learning facilities in Computer Science and Engineering enabling students to become quality engineers who can face global challenges.
- Provide Industry Institute Interaction for students to have global edge.
- Provide facilities for students to improve their knowledge in research and serve the society through relevant projects.
- Provide platforms for students to showcase their leadership qualities, entrepreneurship skill to succeed in their career.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of B.E. program in Computer Science and Engineering will be able to:
PEO-1: Analyze, Design, Simulate and Solve engineering problems to become an efficient Software Engineer in diverse fields and will be a successful individual.
PEO-2: Work effectively and efficiently as individual and/or in a team, exhibiting leadership qualities with strong communicational skills along with professional and ethical values.
PEO-3: Become an entrepreneur/inventor to design and develop product/system to meet social, technical, environmental and business needs.
PEO-4: Engage in learning leading to higher education and research.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineeringfundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complexengineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems anddesign system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Graduates of B.E. program in Computer Science and Engineering will be able to:
PSO-1: Understand fundamental and advanced concepts in the core areas of Computer Science and Engineering like of Data Structures, Database Management system, Operating Systems, Object Oriented paradigms, Networking, Mathematics and different domains of Engineering to solve engineering problems.
PSO-2:Apply concepts of various Programming Languages like C, C++, Java, Python, C# and .Net and latest computing and network paradigms like Cloud Computing, Data Analytics and Machine Learning to analyze, design and implement the solutions for the real world problems.
PSO 3: Extrapolate on the knowledge of fundamental concepts in engineering to effectively understand modern technological innovations, utilize these tools in various applications, and effectively communicate the gained knowledge and disseminate information about new research and innovations to people of different educational qualifications.
PSO 4: Demonstrate ethical behavior in their chosen professions and daily conduct, while working towards the betterment of society and the environment.
About Computer Science & Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is a discipline devoted to the systematic study, creation and application of computer-based models to understand and analyze natural and engineered systems. CSE is inherently interdisciplinary, with close ties to other disciplines such as mathematics, science and engineering. It draws upon and integrates concepts and principles from these fields to define a new, cohesive body of knowledge centered on the representation and manipulation of computational models.
Major Thrust in the course
The major thrust area of research in the Department is focused around computer applications. Major areas covered are:
- ☛Architectures and Compilers
- ☛Data mining, Databases
- ☛Graphics and visualization
- ☛Networks, Systems and Security
- ☛Software engineering, Programming languages.
- ☛Object Oriented Programming and software development approaches
- ☛Designing and analyzing algorithms for scientific and engineering applications.
During the course the students are given theoretical and hands-on training inProgramming Techniques, Database Management Systems, Microprocessors, Operating Systems,Compilers ,Designing algorithms and other Application Softwares.
- ☛Software Engineer
- ☛Hardware Engineer
- ☛Research Scholar
- ☛Software Tester
Scope for Employment
Students of Computer Science &Engineering have excellent job opportunities in Software Industry, Management Information System Department of any Industry, educational and various R & D institutions in government and private sector. From designing new microchips to developing industrial robots, computer engineers use their skills to help businesses and consumers solve all kinds of problems.
- ☛CDAC- Center for Development of Advance Computing .
- ☛NIC- National Informatics Center
- ☛NPCC-National Projects Construction Corporation Limited
- ☛HAL-Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- ☛DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organization
- ☛BHEL- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- ☛SAIL- Steel Authority of India Limited
- ☛KPSC- Karnataka Public Service Commission
- ☛MNCs such asWIPRO,MICROSOFT,GOOGLE,TCS , IBM, INFOSYS, CISCOetc
High-end Master’s programs are: M.S, M.Tech, or M.E. in
- ☛Artificial intelligence
- ☛Embedded systems
- ☛Knowledge-based systems
- ☛Software Engineering
- ☛Systems Engineering.
- ☛Distributed Computing
- ☛Image Processing
- ☛Information Security
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, KSSEM has inaugurated 7th Encryptonites Forum on 4th March 2017. Encryptonites forum enables students to enrich their knowledge about new technology, innovations and Research in the field of Computer science.
Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.