Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) has been at the forefront of computing since September, 2010. The CSE Department is recognized by AICTE and affiliated to VTU with the current intake of 120. The CSE Department has highly qualified faculties and has excellent state of the art infrastructure in both hardware and software resources.The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is committed to develop the IT leaders of tomorrow.The Department is dedicated to education, research and overall excellence. The CSE Department continues to recruit faculty members with rich experience in academia, industry and research, and support superior research facilities. Faculty use state-of-art teaching aids to ensure better delivery of the content and facilitate greater student interaction.The staff of CSE department takes personal care of the students in counseling them about their progress in the subjects. Parents are made aware of their wards about their attendance, studies, behavior and attitude towards learning.Industry Visits and guest lectures have also been organized that have become the platform to gain the knowledge.
To be one of the premier Computer Science and Engineering department by producing quality Engineers, possessing excellent technical knowledge, skills, and personality through Education and Research.
Computer Science and Engineering Department shall,
- Provide state-of-the-art teaching, learning facilities in Computer Science and Engineering enabling students to become quality engineers who can face global challenges.
- Provide Industry Institute Interaction for students to have global edge.
- Provide facilities for students to improve their knowledge in research and serve the society through relevant projects.
- Provide platforms for students to showcase their leadership qualities, entrepreneurship skill to succeed in their career.
About Computer Science & Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is a discipline devoted to the systematic study, creation and application of computer-based models to understand and analyze natural and engineered systems. CSE is inherently interdisciplinary, with close ties to other disciplines such as mathematics, science and engineering. It draws upon and integrates concepts and principles from these fields to define a new, cohesive body of knowledge centered on the representation and manipulation of computational models.
Major Thrust in the course
The major thrust area of research in the Department is focused around computer applications. Major areas covered are:
- ☛Architectures and Compilers
- ☛Data mining, Databases
- ☛Graphics and visualization
- ☛Networks, Systems and Security
- ☛Software engineering, Programming languages.
- ☛Object Oriented Programming and software development approaches
- ☛Designing and analyzing algorithms for scientific and engineering applications.
During the course the students are given theoretical and hands-on training inProgramming Techniques, Database Management Systems, Microprocessors, Operating Systems,Compilers ,Designing algorithms and other Application Softwares.
- ☛Software Engineer
- ☛Hardware Engineer
- ☛Research Scholar
- ☛Software Tester
Scope for Employment
Students of Computer Science &Engineering have excellent job opportunities in Software Industry, Management Information System Department of any Industry, educational and various R & D institutions in government and private sector. From designing new microchips to developing industrial robots, computer engineers use their skills to help businesses and consumers solve all kinds of problems.
- ☛CDAC- Center for Development of Advance Computing .
- ☛NIC- National Informatics Center
- ☛NPCC-National Projects Construction Corporation Limited
- ☛HAL-Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- ☛DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organization
- ☛BHEL- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- ☛SAIL- Steel Authority of India Limited
- ☛KPSC- Karnataka Public Service Commission
- ☛MNCs such asWIPRO,MICROSOFT,GOOGLE,TCS , IBM, INFOSYS, CISCOetc
High-end Master’s programs are: M.S, M.Tech, or M.E. in
- ☛Artificial intelligence
- ☛Embedded systems
- ☛Knowledge-based systems
- ☛Software Engineering
- ☛Systems Engineering.
- ☛Distributed Computing
- ☛Image Processing
- ☛Information Security
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, KSSEM has inaugurated 7th Encryptonites Forum on 4th March 2017. Encryptonites forum enables students to enrich their knowledge about new technology, innovations and Research in the field of Computer science.
Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.