Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering department has been established with the firm commitment of developing and producing quality Electrical and Electronic Engineers with high-technical knowledge and good practical basis, combined with leadership skills and decision making capabilities.
The department was established since the Institute inception. The department is housed with state-of-art facilities in a separate block with Sufficient Lecturing/Tutorial halls and all laboratories equipped with modern instruments with latest technology as per AICTE/VTU norms.
The Department is strongly supported by qualified and well experienced faculties and Technical staffs. The department is continuously updating its facilities to make the students excel in all respects in the area of electrical engineering.
The department conducts workshops, seminars, conferences and invited lectures to keep the students and staff updated with the latest developments. The department also invites projects from industries to be implemented by the students of the college. The students have been well trained with the support of the placement cell.
About Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering, one of the core branches of Engineering started as Electrical Engineering is an evergreen course in the Engineering stream. E&CE, CS&E, Applied Electronics were emerged as specializations from Electrical Engineering. With the wide applications of Electronics in controlling and protecting the Electrical Equipment, the course has been renamed as Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Major Thrust in the course
- Basic principles, Detailed analysis of equipment and systems for Generation, Transmission & Distribution of Electrical Energy,Design and Drafting of electrical machines.
- Study of Electronic devices and circuits involved in Measurements, instrumentation, control and protection of Electrical equipment and conversion systems.
- Concepts of computer and recent applications of computer based systems in design, Analysis and Efficient operation of power system maintaining quality and security is also included in the course.
- Syllabus is carefully designed in such a way that the students are acceptable not only in Electrical field but Electronics field also.
- Sufficient computer related courses are also enabling the students to be eligible for acceptance in IT industries.
- The job potential for the Degree holders of this branch is not restricted to conventional Electrical Engineering.
- The strong base in using mathematical tools, enrichment of imaginative power and exposure to the field of Electronics and Computers enable the students to compete on national as well as international forums.
Scope for Employment
- Various State Electricity Boards
- National Thermal Power Corporation – NTPC
- Power Grid Corporation of India – PGCIL
- National Hydro Electric Power Corporation NHPC
- Nuclear power corporation NPC
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd BHEL
- Relay manufacturing companies such as EasunReRolle, ABB etc
- Transformer manufacturing companies such as Victory Transformers, Vijay
- Electricals and Voltamp etc.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd BSNL
- Indian Army, Navy and Air Force
- Certified Energy Auditors & Energy Managers
- E&EE Graduates have substantial opportunities in TCS, Wipro, Infosys, and Innovent Technologies etc.
- Integrated Electric Co Pvt Ltd
- American Power Conversion India Pvt Ltd
- Kirloskar Electric Co Ltd
- Trident Electric company
- Powerica limited
- Crompton Greaves Ltd
- Triveni Turbines
- WEG India Ltd
- M.Tech/ME/MS course in
- Power systems
- Control systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power Electronics
- High Voltage Engineering
- VLSI &Embeddwd systems
- Illumination Engineering
- Software Engineering
Department Forum [DELTRONE]
The Students Forum, comprising of the students from the Electrical and Electronics Engineering department, was inaugurated on 28th February 2011, with the vision of bringing in holistic development of the students through technical Seminars/workshops, cultural and extracurricular activities.
Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.