Electronics and Communication Engineering
“To emerge as a pioneer in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering, through excellence in technical education and research, focusing on the ever-changing demands of technology”.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering shall
- Provide a transformative educational experience for students, focusing on disciplinary knowledge,
problem solvingtechniques and innovative projects.
- Encourage active research and Industry-Academia interaction.
- Inculcate entrepreneurial traits in the student community, by fostering managerial and leadership qualities.
Department Brochure Click View / Download
About Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Electronics & Communication Engineering department has been established with the intention of training and producing highly skilled Electronics and Communication Engineers, with a good technical knowledge of the related disciplines, combined with leadership, critical thinking skills, diligence and a good work ethic.
The department was established in 2010, at the inception of the institution, and is equipped with state-of-art facilities including established laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment and high quality components, spacious classrooms with projector facilities, seminar halls and a research center, as per AICTE and VTU norms.
The Department is staffed by highly qualified and well-experienced teaching faculty and technical staff. The faculty members have prior experience in research and industry in a diverse range of areas of engineering, and bring this hands-on experience to their teaching. The department is continuously upgrading its facilities to make the students excel in all respects in the area of electronics and communication engineering.
The department organizes workshops, seminars, conferences and expert lectures to keep the students and staff informed about the latest developments and research in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering. The department also procures research projects from industries for implementation by the faculties, and students of the college.
The department also has a student forum, called Exceltron, which provides the students with the opportunity to develop their leadership and team-working skills, while providing them an outlet for their academic as well as extra-curricular talents. The forum organizes various events throughout the academic year, and has been successfully operational since 2010.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE DEPT
- Financial grants of Rs. 24, 89,200 was received by the Naval Research Board Department from VTU-VGST for carrying out a project on “Design and Implementation of Novel Sensor for detection and direction finding of sound under water” for the year 2013-2015.
- Several of our students have been employed in top software companies such as Cognizant, TCS, NTT Data, Know Innovations, Tech Mahindra, Unisys Global, cap gemini etc.
- Strengthening of infrastructure facilities in various Electronics and communication Engineering Laboratories by procuring state of the art Electronic Equipments & computer hardware/software is being rigorously pursued.
- Financial grants of Rs. 4,500 was received by the Department from KSCST, Bangalore, under Student Project Programme (SPP) scheme during the year 2013-2014 (37th Series).
“EXCELTRON” was inaugurated by President Sri Subramanyam Naidu, Hon. Secretary Sri S. R. Naidu, Principal/Director, Dr. S. N. Sridhara, Chief Guest Dr. T. Srinivas, IISC, Bangalore.
Main Objective of the Forum:
Bringing in high level of interaction between the students and Resource experts and to organize workshops, technical seminars, Industrial visits, personality development programs through a close tie-up with the Industry.
Short Term Goals
- To ensure excellence in teaching and learning through defined academic processes.
- To enhance academic performance and placements of the students.
- To establish state of the art infrastructure facilities in the various laboratories and modernize laboratories.
- To encourage staff members to attend & publish technical papers conferences/seminars/workshops in national & international levels.
- To organize the programmes for overall development of the students i.e. professional,
Technical skills and leadership, entrepreneurial qualities.
- To encourage and facilitate faculty members to acquire higher qualifications.
- To organize programmes for students and faculty to inculcate research culture in them.
- Develop a culture of group responsibility for mentoring E&CE students.
- Passion to respond to rapidly changing social and economic environment.
Long Term Goals
- To impart quality professional education in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering to the global society.
- To offer courses leading to Master degree & Ph.D. Degree.
- To take up research and consultancy assignments in collaboration with industry, government agencies and others for sustainable development and growth.
- To establish the Centre of Excellence(s) in emerging areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To establish the state of the art Innovation Centre for showcasing students creativity to the industry and propagating emerging technologies.
Department Brochure Click View / Download
Department Activities Click View / Download
Contact Head of the department : firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Thrust in the course
☛Basic principles of Electronics, Electronic and Electrical Circuits and Measurements, Digital and Analog Electronics, Circuit Design and Implementation.
☛Computer-aided Design and Simulation of Electronic Circuits, Microchip design, VHDL, Microcontrollers and Microprocessor programming, Electronics Software design.
☛Current and emerging technologies like Digital Signal Processing, VLSI design, Embedded System Design, Image Processing, Audio Processing, Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence.
☛Communications topics including Microwaves and Radar, Antenna Design, Digital and Analog Communications, Communications Networks, Satellite Communications, Multimedia Communications and Mobile Communication Technologies.
☛The Syllabus is carefully designed in order to train the students in various fields within Electronics and Communications Engineering, as well as interdisciplinary topics, which fall under E&CE as well as other branches of Engineering. This aids the student in finding employment in Electrical, Electronics and Communications, and other engineering fields.
☛The syllabus also provides training for the students in specific topics related to Computer Science and Engineering, where they are taught the principles of programming in different languages, so they can be prepared for a career in the IT Industries.
☛The students are trained in topics which have a huge demand in the industry in the current market, as well as emerging technologies which have a huge potential in the future job markets. As a result, the graduates are prepared for the rapidly advancing technologies.
☛The student forum, as well as the placement training provided by the department aids the student in developing their soft skills, bringing forth their creativity and leadership qualities, and helps them in their careers.
Scope for Employment
☛Public Sector Industries like HAL, BHEL, BEL.
☛Government Research organizations like ISRO, DRDO, LRDE, NAL.
☛Communications Companies like Nokia, Alcatel, Huawei, Reliance Communications.
☛Electronics Companies like Samsung, HCL, Sony, Apple , LG.
☛Various power plants and State Electricity Boards.
☛Manufacturing companies like ABB, 3M, L&T, Siemens, Honeywell, HP, Bosch.
☛Mobile service providers like Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance, Idea, Tata Group.
☛Automotive Industries like Ford, Mahindra Group, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota.
☛Multinational Companies like GE, Cisco, Wipro Technologies, Texas Instruments, Panasonic.
☛Semiconductor companies like AMD, Intel, Philips, Qualcomm, Nvidia.
☛Indian Defense Forces – Army, Navy and Airforce.
☛IT Industries like Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, TCS, CTS, Sonata.
E&CE Graduates have a very wide scope for higher studies in M.Tech / ME / MS courses in India and abroad, in fields like :
- Digital Signal Processing
- Multimedia Communications
- VLSI & Embedded Systems
- Wireless Communications
- Medical Electronics
- Semiconductor Engineering
- Sensor Networks
- Optical Communications
- Control Systemsand Instrumentation
- Communication Networks
- Solid State Engineering
- Digital Systems Design
- Micro-electronics and Nanotechnology
- Renewable Energy
- Power Electronics
- Information Systems and Computer Networks
The EXCELTRON Students Forum, comprising the students of ECE Department conducted Technical events like Technical Talk, Technical Quiz and Mini Project Exhibition. The forum for the year 2017 was inaugurated by Mr. Gokul Dev, Application Engineer, Applied Real Tech System Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Dr. Sridhara S N, Principal/Director, KSSEM, Bangalore.
Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.