Dr. Vijayalakshmi Akella
I take the privilege to welcome you all to the Department of Civil Engineering at KSSEM.
The Department of Civil Engineering has been in existence since the inception of KSSEM in 2010 and has grown into a full-fledged department with specialisation in STRUCTURAL Engineering.
Besides high quality teaching and instruction at both UG and PG levels, the Department is actively involved in basic and applied research and consultancy and provides high quality technical advisory support through various R D projects and consultancy to various organizations. The faculty members of the department are involved in high quality research and consultancy activities.
The Department of Civil Engineering with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with the infrastructural industry.
Department also encourages its students to engage in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, essential for development, nurturing of team spirit, and developing organizational skills.
The Department of Civil Engineering aims to produce Competent, disciplined, quality Engineers and administrators to the society to make India a major industrial power.
To conduct workshops on state of art technologies, inviting experienced industrial experts, hands on training on non-destructive techniques, GIS, GPS technologies, site visits etc
Long term goals:
- Inspire the leaders of tomorrow to take on the challenge of creating and sustaining the built
environment that underpins our society
- Create engineers who successfully adapt and innovate solutions for the built environment.
- To train the graduate students to appreciate the importance of service to their profession and to their communities.
Short term goals:
- Train the students on broad set of skills
- Inculcate the habit to have inquisitive attitude.