The Objectives of the Placement cell are:
- To provide placement assistance to the final semester students in best possible companies.
- Instil confidence in students to crossover from college to corporate world with ease by imparting right blend of aptitude and communication skills training.
With “Aim at Perfection, Achieve excellence” as its driving force, the Training and Placement Cell is focussed on:
- Conducting counselling sessions, Aptitude tests and providing career guidance for the eligible students
- Engaging top professionals from the industry to conduct workshops for the students in order to keep the students abreast with latest developments and requirements in industry
- Providing required state of the art infrastructure to facilitate smooth conduct of on campus placement drives for various companies
- Coordinating with colleges in and around Bengaluru and providing extended placement opportunities in pool campus drives.
KSSEM acknowledges the continuous support received from the companies which has strengthened the Industry-Institution interface. The students are given opportunities for internships and part-time jobs and are deputed from the respective departments for internships. Our students from both under graduate and post graduate programs have been successfully placed in reputed companies. Some of the companies have collaborated with departments to bring industry and domain specific modules with practical inputs which have helped our students in placements.
The academic year 2014- 2015 saw a slew of companies picking up students from KSSEM. Bangalore being the IT capital of India, it was no wonder that majority of the students were placed in IT/ ITES. There is a strong thrust towards balancing this ratio by bringing in core companies as well.
The placement season is underway as we speak, and it is a vibrant one indeed! The Training and Placement Cell at KSSEM stands committed to providing the best possible placement assistance.
A pictorial representation of the Placement for academic year 2014- 015:
Details of placement drives conducted by KSEEM
Placement Training and Placement Activities
KSSEM believes in overall development of students, hence many programmes have been designed throughout the course that keeps our students engaged in many activities. We have partnership with PurpleLeap – a Pearson Educomp Group Company to train our students right from first year. This company sets up a world-class learning environment inside the campus called PurpleLeap Atrium for Career Excellence through which they provide Industry Engagement Platform, Global Technology Partnerships, World-Class Learning Programs and high Quality Placements
Through their hybrid delivery methodology, the experts from the industry deliver these experienced sessions over the VSAT from their Bangalore studios and are received at our college in the Multimedia classrooms installed by PurpleLeap. These sessions are supported by their onsite faculty at our campus, E-learning portal for self-learning and a complete Assessment test series to make our students confident to appear for company interview test. This program also has 75 hours of Business Skills which will make our students more confident to attend the aptitude test and Group discussion organized by Campus Interview Companies. The program will be delivered for about 4 – 6 hours per week, there by not increasing the burden of classes on the students. YOU can also get the said details on the web site www.purpleleap.com
On completion of this program, PurpleLeap will bring in Companies for Campus Recruitment / Pool campus Placement drive and thus our students have more choice of getting placed as per the requirements of the Industry.
We are one of the few colleges in the state to provide Industry Mapped Professional Training and Development Program as part of our academics to make our students ready-to-deploy talent for the industry. We provide the following infrastructure and facilities through PurpleLeap Atrium for Career Excellence.
World-class Learning Infrastructure
- Our college provides cutting-edge learning infrastructure that takes learning beyond the four walls of classroom. Our college is equipped with:
- VSAT enabled digital classrooms for industry interaction and training by SMEs.
- Learning and Knowledge Management System.
- Assessment Engine for periodic evaluation of students’ performance.
- Online Student Portal with discussion forums and collaboration tools.
Industry Engagement Platform
- To develop Business Perspective and Context, Engineering students must engage and interact with the industry on a continuous basis. PurpleLeap Industry Engagement Platform makes it feasible for the institute to bring the industry to its doorstep.
- PurpleLeap Industry Engagement Platform enables :
- Guest Lectures and Case Study Discussions.
- Internships and Projects.
- Mentoring and Coaching.
Industry mapped Training for Professional Development – Making students Industry Ready
- Our college adopts a comprehensive skill development approach across technical and business skills. We believe that students need to start developing these skills as early as they step into our college. Hence, our professional development program spans across 4 years starting from the first year itself.
- Business Skills/Soft Skill Training, Communications, Problem Solving and Personal Effectiveness that gives the students an edge in Interviews and later in their professional life.
- Industry recognized technical certifications like Microsoft, Oracle, Siemens that help students keep pace with the ever changing needs of the industry.
- PurpleLeap – a Pearson Educomp Group Company, provides professional development programs to make the college students ready for the industry.
- Microsoft – Microsoft IT Academy Program.
- Oracle – Oracle Workforce Development Program.
- Siemens PLM Software Inc – Product Lifecycle Management courses and Siemens PLM Software.
- Robhatah – Advanced Robotics courses and Robotics lab.
- Kaseya, CompTIA, Microsoft – Courses on Networking and tools for Remote Infrastructure Management.
Certification Programmes given in addition to regular University Syllabus Teaching:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Sys Admin & Development Track
- Oracle Certified Application DBATrack
- Java Developer Track
- Robotics Track
- Embedded Systems & Design Track
- Telecom & Mobile Technologies Track
- Networking Track
- Product Life cycle Management Track
All the students who face campus recruitment drive will undergo pre-placement training by the department with specialist invited from corporates other than in-house trainers.
The brief coverage consists of aptitude test, Resume Writing, Group Discussion, Communications skills, Personal Grooming apart from technical training which results in overall development of the students.
Invitations are sent to the Companies by the Training & Placement office (TPO).
- Once the intimation is received from a company, a list of interested students satisfying the criteria of the company is prepared.
- A tentative date for the company’s visit is worked out.
- After confirmation the Training and placement office arranges a Pre-Placement Talk.
- The company conducts its selection and shortlists students for the interview.
- Students who receive confirmation letters are not allowed to sit for any other visiting company.
- Once into the selection process, no candidate can drop out at an intermediate stage.
|Mr. Lakshmi Kanth||M.E||Director Corporate Relation|
Mr. Lakshmi Kanth, Director Corporate Relation.
Email: email@example.com, Mob: +91 8123836510