Name : Dr. S.N. Sridhara
Designation: Principal and Director
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), Bangalore University
- M.E. (Aerospace Engineering), Indian Institute of Science
- Ph.D. (Aerospace Engineering), Indian Institute of Science
Area of Specialisation
- Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics
- Turbomachinery, Automotive Powertrains, Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Advanced Numerical Methods, Computational Fluid Dynamics
27 Years of Teaching, Research and Administration
- Executive Council Member of VTU (2014-16)
- Local Inquiry Committee, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Member and Chairman, (2012 onwards)
- Academic Board Member, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore (2013-16)
- Academic Board Member, PES College of Engineering, Mandya, (2013-15)
- Governing Council Member, Cambridge Institute of Technology, (2013-16)
- Board of Studies of Mechanical Engineering, VTU, (2014-16)
- VTU Nominee for Autonomous Status inspection for Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatha College of Engineering, Dharward, (2015)
- Academic Council Member for Dr. Ambedkar College of Engineering, (2015-17)
- VTU Ph.D. Admission Committee (2015)
- VTU Malpractice Committee, (2014-16)
- VTU Preparation and Drafting of Consortium Statute Committee, (2015-16)
- VTU Subcommittee for Review of LIC Status of VTU College, (2015)
- VTU Prasaranga Member (2016-18)
- VTU working Committee for CBCS, Member, (2015-16)
- VTU Research Grants Committee, Member, (2015)
- Ph.D. Guided: 4 completed
Five Pursuing (VTU)
- ME/M.Tech Theses guided: 25
- BE/B.Tech Theses guided: 57
- 2 Text books for UG Classes
- 16 International Journal Publications
- 27 International Conference Presentations
- 21 National Conference Presentations
- Bharatiya Vidyabhavan National Award for Best Engineering College Principal -2015 during 45th ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) National Annual Convention held on 10th Jan 2016.
- “Excellent Principal in Karnataka-2016”, during II National Karnataka Education Summit and Award Ceremony held on 14th March 2016, at VTU Regional Centre, Muddenahalli, jointly awarded by CMAI Association of India and VTU.
- Vocational Excellence Award -2014, from Rotary Bangalore for excellence in education services rendered.
- Obtained best paper awards in One National Level and One International Level Conference.
- Has chaired a few sessions in National and International Conferences.
- Has been honoured by Coventry University with “Honorary Research Fellowship”.
- Reviewer for many International Journals including, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics.
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), (No. LM 4444)
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers, India, (IEI), (No. F-116219-1)
- Life member of Combustion Institute (India) , (No. LMC 1188)
- Life member of Aeronautical Society of India Life Member (No. M 19134)
- Principal Investigator and co-investigator for many Research projects.
- Successfully completed many consultancy projects for various MNCs.
- Has delivered many corporate training courses in the field of Automotive Power Train, Hybrid Electric Vehicle, Gas Turbine Technology, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Learning and Teaching Experience and Motivational Training to prestigious MNCs and Indian Industry and Corporate
- Successfully conducted many consultancy projects for various MNCs.